How to Get Starz Free Trial Subscription?
“When you get quality and quantity at a lesser price, why keep hanging on some random big names?” It is a comment made by an HBO subscriber who just shifted to Starz. Unlike some junkyards that boast of hosting loads of low rated stuff, Starz stands different. Yes, Starz is a place where quantity meets quality. They want entertainment everywhere and every time. To put it simply, Starz wants to place entertainment at the helm of our culture. With access to around 1000 movies, 20 TV shows and a 7-day free trial, Starz are already in the race.
Through this article, we will take you through the step by step procedure to sign up for a Starz free trial. Our narrative also aims to discuss Starz free trial cancellation, refund policies and ‘how to’ guide to subscribe to Starz from Amazon Prime Video and Hulu as it is available in various platforms including Philo TV as an Add-on
Is Starz worth it?
Before signing up for a Starz account, we would like to clarify this repeatedly asked question, ‘Is Starz worth it’?
Starz is different when compared to other streaming services like Amazon Prime Video and Netflix. But you can expect sublime quality in Starz.
Let us now take a look at the pricing plans from Starz;
Starz primarily has two plans for their subscribers.
- Billed Monthly – $8.99
- Billed Annually – $74.99
Features of Starz
- Stream Quality: Starz offer access to high quality videos for their subscribers. They deliver HD content that is sharp and smooth. One can also note that Starz has a good collection of 4K videos. And most of their high budget shows and movies come in 4K.
- Number of streams: Starz allow subscribers to have 4 streams at a time. This is quite surprising considering that simultaneous streams for Netflix is two and Amazon Video Prime has three.
- Download contents: Starz lets you download favorite shows for offline viewing. However, you need to install the Starz app first. If you are from Latin America or Europe, you can use StarzPlay app to download the content. People from USA can use the Starz app for the same.
- Starz Channels: In a bid to counter the Youtube’s live TV, Starz has recently launched its list of channels. The Starz channels include Starz Edge, Starz in Black, Starz Comedy, Starz Cinema, Starz Kids & Family, Starz Encore, Starz Encore Action, Starz Encore Classic, Starz Encore Black, Movie Plex, Indie Plex and many more.
Starz pricing and refunds
Starz offers monthly and annual subscription plans. The monthly plan comes at $8.99, while the annual fee comes with a discount at $74.99. This price is far less than what it takes for other platforms like HBO, AT&T TV Now etc. For the best part, Starz allows up to 4 simultaneous streams. And I bet no other platform is as generous as Starz.
Though this is the case, Starz has stringent refund policies. They do not encourage refunds at all. And the logic might be that you could have verified your choice within the trial period.
How to start your Starz Trial for free?
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Starz offers a 7-day free trial. Therefore, you get a chance to decide whether this is the right platform for you. To get a free trial on Starz, follow the steps given below.
- Create an account in Starz to enjoy 7-day free trial.
To do this, go to the Starz website. On the top right corner, you will find the ‘Start your free trial’ option. You will get account along with a free trial option here.
- Sign in to account.
It will lead you to a page wherein you have to enter the email address. But, take note that Starz allows only individuals above 18 years of age to create an account in it. Once you have done, click ‘Continue‘. Having done the first step, you can move to the next Step .
- Enter Card details to avail Starz streaming service.
Here, you need to give your card details. Subsequently, you are required to give the First name and last name, as in the card. Also, provide the card details like the credit card number, expiry date, CVV and zip code. This completes the final step. And you can start enjoying your favourite shows online.
Once the 7-day free trial ends, you need to make payment as per the plan selected to continue the service.
How to CANCEL Starz free trial?
Cancelling your trial is as easy as getting started on Starz. The policy conditions of Starz also make sure that the viewers have the freedom to deny the subscription offer at any time. Follow these steps to cancel your Starz free trial.
- Login to your Starz account.
- Choose the SETTINGS icon on the top corner.
- Choose the SUBSCRIPTIONS option.
- Click on the ‘CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION option.
The free trial has been successfully cancelled, and Starz can no longer push you to make payment for extensions.
Get Starz Free Trial on Amazon Prime Videos
You can also avail the streaming services of Starz using other Over the Top platforms. The Netflix-Starz collaboration lets the subscribers of the former access the rich collections of Starz. Also, Starz does not come free with Amazon prime.
You can enjoy Starz on Amazon prime with an additional pay of $2.99. Follow these steps to get Starz on your Amazon Prime account.
- Sign in to your amazon prime account.
- Click on ‘Account and Lists‘ on the top right corner. Choose ‘Your Prime Video’ from the dropdown.
- Amazon redirects you to their prime video page. Here, you will find an option ‘Channels’, which lets you surf premium channels. Click to view the available channels.
- From the list of channels, select the one you are looking for. This will lead to a splash page with all the channel information.
- Enter the payment details as mentioned above. Besides, you are also eligible for a 7-day trial period using Amazon prime video too.
How to get Starz Free Trial on Hulu?
Similar to what Amazon has done, Hulu has also sought the service of Starz. Beyond doubt, it has grown to be a master trade for many streaming giants. Also, unlike Amazon, the offer from Hulu is expensive. You will have to pay $8.99 per month. Hulu also offers a free trial for Starz.
Here is how you can get Starz on the Hulu board.
- Log in to your Hulu account.
- Open the ‘Account‘ section.
- Click on ‘Manage Add-Ons’.
- Add the Starz channel to your list.
This follows a payment request. But if you are eligible as per the terms and conditions by Hulu, you can avail the free trial offer, else you can use the debit card payment option to finalize the deal.
Let’s take a quick look at the cost of Starz on other streaming platforms.
|Amazon Prime Video||$8.99||Amazon offers Starz at $2.99 for first six months. After this period, you have to pay the standard price.|
|Hulu||$8.99||Hulu offers a trial period for Starz.|
|FuboTV||$8.99||FuboTV offers a trial period too.|
|Netflix||$8.99||Simultaneous streaming restricts to two.|
Frequently asked Questions Related to Starz Streaming and Free Trial.
Starz have clarified that they do not allow any third party to use their service for free. For Amazon, the standard price you have to pay is $8.99 but for the first three months, you can avail it at $2.99.
If you already have the service of any other streamers, you can choose Add-on feature to add Starz to the list. In most cases, you are eligible for a free trial. Else, you can go to the Starz website directly and sign up for a free trial. The procedure is discussed above.
Normally, Starz offers only 7-day free trial. But if you have a new Roku device, and if you add Starz to the list, you can avail a 30 day free trial.
Starz is a streaming platform that gives superb quality videos. The content is well sorted, and has an excellent user interface.
If you are looking for a collection of well known and widely appreciated shows and videos, Starz is your bet, because there is no junk in there!
We hope our article has helped you to avail the free trial benefits of Starz. Our review on Starz is made with an intention to help you find the right streaming partner. And if you think it suits, Well go ahead and start your trial now.